Job Title: Senior Development Manager
Base: Tullamore / Dublin
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Operating across Ireland and the UK we are a preferred provider of choice in growth segments such as Commercial, Residential, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Cleanrooms and PPP’s. Our culture is innovative, collaborative and performance focused. As Design Manager your main focuses will be ensure the design of all developments and projects to focus on flawless design delivery, coordination and engineering execution. Some exposure in residential design or similar, managing major developments from pre-construction to project completion in Ireland and the UK.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guidance, management, and support of the Technical Team managing the planning, architectural and engineering design valuation processes for delivery.
- Responsible for all architectural, engineering, and technical aspects of design, inclusive of residential, commercial, mix use developments.
- Utilise appropriate systems and provide leadership to the Design and Document Management functions on the project, in accordance with established procedures and protocols.
- To complete and publish a Design Management Plan (part of the Project Execution Plan) and establish project specific procedures and implement them, in accordance with procedural protocols.
- Manage both internal and external teams to ensure a best-in-class service delivery.
- Review the identification of cost reduction and margin improvement opportunities via clever design and ensure their integration into future activities.
- Provide interface with client, as appropriate were defined in the project structure.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to safety and to ensure the “Design” is active in this regard.
- Lead the Design to ensure that the overall project requirements are satisfied.
- Work with the discipline leads to establish an agreed scope of services for all Design disciplines and/or Design Sub-contractors/Suppliers.
- Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop (as required) a comprehensive scope of service for the next stage of project.
- Manage all design reviews and co-ordination meetings; ensuring a fully coordinated Design strategy is in place and work closely with discipline lead designers to deliver.
- Ensure that fully coordinated design is produced that integrates with the agreed Project Execution Plan and that the design is regularly monitored for progress and updated as required.
- Manage change control (in conjunction with internal team)
- Deliver to cost in terms of design fee and project prime cost.
- Liaise with senior management to establish and confirm fee targets and to be aware of and monitor progress against the target fees.
- Ensure that design is developed in line with procurement and construction requirements and the cost plan budget allowances.
- To ensure that the Design fully accords with the defined specifications as detailed within the work package control document or Sub-contract documents as appropriate.
- In conjunction with Senior Management and discipline heads, ensure that resource management is effectively and efficiently applied to the project.
Please send your CV and application details to email@example.com
Recruitment Agencies need not apply.
Bluemont operate across Ireland and the United Kingdom supported by offices in Dublin and London. Please feel free to contact us should you have a perspective project you wish to discuss.